2. Change of Clothes. Checking a bag comes with the risk of it getting lost in transient. It’s always best to pack an extra set of clothing including your undergarments just in case.
3. Face Wash and Lotion. Bring a light cleanser along with a lotion to refresh before landing. Try sticking with a cleanser that won’t dry your face out such as the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Burt’s Bees also makes a travel pack option.
4. Toothbrush and Toothpaste. You can buy these in travel size at Target, Walmart or through Amazon.
5. Body Wipes. Bringing a few packs of these travel wipes, such as Goodwipes Body Wipes, can help you feel refreshed after along travel. They come in individually wrapped packs for convenience and smell awesome!
6. Eye Mask and Ear Plugs. Bring these to maximize your chance at getting a few hours of sleep without any disruptions. Bring an eye mask with a silky material so it feels smooth on your face.
7. Portable Battery Charger, Headphones and Dual Headphone Jack Splitter. Not all airplanes have outlets so a portable battery charger will save the day when you run through your phone/tablet battery.
A dual adaptor comes in handy if you are want to watch a movie on your tablet with your travel buddy – you can find these on amazon.
Noise canceling headphones cut out all sound – no crying babies, no loud talking passengers – these are a must! Bose Headphones work great but there are more affordable options as well.
8. Compression Socks. These socks help increase circulation, reduce swelling, and clotting on a long flight. There is nothing worse than having swollen feet when you arrive to your destination, especially after an overnight flight.
9. Healthy snacks. Packing raw nuts, peanut butter travel packs, granola and apples in your carry on. These are healthy alternatives to higher sodium plane meal options.
10. Pillow. A clean place to rest your head is a must with overnight plane travel. Start by using the pillow as lumber support for your lower back. You’ll be happy to have it when you are ready to sleep. Both of these recommended pillows come with an eye mask and ear plugs.
11. iPad/Tablet. Download games and movies prior to your trip in case you do not like the entertainment options on your flight. Make sure the games that you download are available without WiFi and cellular data. If you do not have an iPad and you’re about to go on a long plane ride, do yourself a favor and splurge on one. If the budget is too tight, there is also a less expensive alternative with the Fire HD 8 Tablet by Amazon.
12. Hydration spray. Every few hours spritz a few sprays on your face to help prevent it from drying out.