Your skin takes a beating while flying on an airplane. The low humidity and recycled air on a flight severely dries out your face depleting it of its moisture and natural oils. You’ll need to step up your beauty regimen when you arrive to your destination. Drink plenty of water and follow these steps to look more refreshed when you wake up in the morning.
Try this easy 6 minute post-plane beauty routine to refresh your skin:
1. Grab a hotel washcloth and run it under warm water. Place the washcloth over your face and take a few deep breaths. Gently pat the washcloth over your face to open up your pores.
2. Remove your make-up with make-up removing wipes. Neutrogena wipes work best for me. Removing all of your make-up the night before prevents you from scrubbing your puffy eyes the next morning. The goal is to look refreshed when we wake up!
3. Wash and rinse your face with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil or CeraVe.
4. Using a microdermabrasion scrub (such as Derma-E), gently scrub your face and neck for 3 minutes removing all of the dead skin. Rinse. You can do this step 1-2 times per week.
5. Take a few drops of a vitamin C serum (such as Sunday Riley vitamin C with turmeric) and lightly massage it into your skin.
6. Apply a nightly cream (here are a few options that won’t break the bank including Olay or CeraVe).
7. Dabble an eye cream under your eye to help avoid swollen eyes in the morning. My go to is the Clinique All About Eyes cream.
8. Don’t forget about your lips! Dip your clean finger into the Vaseline lip therapy and apply to lips. It helps to reduce the dryness without the waxy residue.
9. Follow up with a rich body lotion for your legs, arms, and hands.
PRO TIP: Order these small travel containers and fill each with a small amount of your beauty supplies so you can still carry on your suitcase.
BONUS TIP: First thing in the morning, splash cold water on your eyes for 15-20 seconds to reduce swelling. If they are still swollen, try a cooling eye pad such as Cales.